Real Estate Quick Links
President and General Counsel
410-754-5735 Ext. 104
The following uses property owned by The Maryland and Delaware Railroad Company are prohibited:
- New residential use.
- Domestic water wells.
- Use of an existing railroad maintenance, fire or emergency access road for applicant’s convenience.
- Automotive repair and service station.
- Laundry and/or dry cleaning.
- Mining, ore processing, refining, or smelting.
- Explosive disposal, manufacturing or detonation.
- Battery recycling.
- Tire storage or recycling.
- Above ground or underground storage tanks (exceptions may apply).
- Petrochemical refining.
- Fuel blending, waste or used oil recycling or reclamation.
- Bulk oil storage.
- Machinery degreasing operations.
- Leather tanning.
- Any chemical manufacturing or processing operation, including:
** Industrial organic or inorganic chemicals
** Plastics, synthetic resins or synthetic rubber
** Paints, pigments, lacquers, enamels, varnishes, and allied products
** Soap, detergents and cleaning preparations
** Perfumes, cosmetics and other toiletry preparations
** Agricultural chemicals
** Wood preservatives
** Miscellaneous chemicals such as adhesives, printing ink and carbon black
While this is a general list of prohibited uses of MDDE-owned property, it is not comprehensive, and MDDE reserves the right to prohibit any use.